Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Butter, Wine and a Side of Chocolate

I'm reading a couple of books right now - one is all about toddler behavior and how to manage it,  and this book - My Life In France.  I bet you can guess which one is more interesting.  The toddler book is necessary and helpful - but Julia Child in Paris is WAY more fun.  The problem is I'm "clean and sober" on dairy and alcohol until Labor Day.  (Sidebar: This is a choice I made over Memorial Day weekend in an effort to try to get back to my post baby self.) In almost EVERY chapter so far Julia describes in detail how amazing all the French food is...and it ALL has butter and wine.  Tons.  I love butter and I love wine and regardless of going almost three months without it - I still love it.  I still crave it.  I still desire it. (Sidebar: You know all those people who tell you if you stop eating certain foods for awhile you'll stop craving them?  Liars.)  I'm loving this read but it's torture.  Last night I dreamt of chocolate croissants.  Not kidding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio