Monday, August 17, 2015

Lunch Options

I'm on a quest to find new and healthy lunch options.  I tend to eat smoothies for lunch because they are fast and easy to make, and as a bonus I can drink one while feeding the kids.  But they get boring.  And I like to chew things.  I really like to chew carbs.  Carbs and sugar.  Sugar and even more carbs.  You see where I am headed...I digress. I saw this quick lunch on a blog the other day and decided I had to try it.  It's a sprouted whole grain muffin (half) topped with smashed avocado and a large slice of an heirloom tomato.  I drizzled olive oil on top with salt and pepper.  It. Was. Amazing.  I mean it's not chocolate, but it was very tasty and a great change of pace from the usual smoothie.  I actually ate two of these...but scarfed the first one before I took the photo.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio